Frequently Asked Questions
The vaccines you need to get before traveling will depend on a few things, including:
* Where you plan to travel. Some countries require proof of vaccination for certain diseases, like yellow fever or polio. And traveling in developing countries and rural areas may bring you into contact with more diseases, which means you might need more vaccines before you visit.
* Your health. If you’re pregnant or have an ongoing illness or weakened immune system, you may need additional vaccines.
* The vaccinations you’ve already had. It’s important to be up to date on your routine vaccinations. While diseases like measles are rare in the United States, they are more common in other countries.
It’s important to get vaccinated at least 4 to 6 weeks before you travel. This will give the vaccines time to start working, so you’re protected while you’re traveling. It will also usually make sure there’s enough time for you to get vaccines that require more than 1 dose.
Here are some resources that may come in handy as you’re planning your trip:
* Visit CDC’s travel website to find out which vaccines you may need based on where you plan to travel, what you’ll be doing, and any health conditions you have.
* Download CDC’s TravWell app to get recommended vaccines, a checklist to help prepare for travel, and a personalized packing list. You can also use it to store travel documents and keep a record of your medicines and vaccinations.
* Read the current travel notices to learn about any new disease outbreaks in or vaccine recommendations for the areas where you plan to travel.
* Visit the State Department’s website to learn about vaccinations, insurance, and medical emergencies while traveling.
Some countries in South America and Africa require you to provide proof that you have been vaccinated against yellow fever by presenting an International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis when entering the country. However, there are other popular travel destinations where the threat of infection with yellow fever virus is very real, and there is no requirement for you to be vaccinated to enter the country.
If you only get the yellow fever vaccine before going to countries that require it, you could be putting your health at risk. Since yellow fever disease can be serious or even fatal, CDC recommends that individuals be vaccinated when traveling to any areas where there is a risk of acquiring infection with yellow fever virus.
Even if you get the yellow fever vaccine, you can still get other diseases from mosquito bites, like malaria, dengue, and Zika. The best ways to prevent mosquito-borne diseases are to use insect repellent while outdoors, wear long pants and long sleeves, and choose accommodations with air conditioning or mosquito nets. For travel to areas where malaria is a risk, taking medicine that can prevent malaria may also be advised.
For most people, it takes up to 10 days after the vaccine is given to be protected against the yellow fever virus. If your destination requires a yellow fever vaccine, the proof of vaccination does not become valid until 10 days after the vaccine is given.
Yes, our formulas are administered by a medical professional who has the appropriate training and proven experience in IV therapy. All medical personnel are licensed and certified by a relevant certifying board in the state. For reference, people have been getting IVs for almost 200 years. Vitamin-powered IV therapy has been practiced safely for decades, although the service is trendy at the moment. Furthermore, our medical team can answer any specific questions you have about the service before or during your treatment.
IV fluids are faster and more effective than oral supplements and medications. Water and vitamins ingested orally have to be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream before they can start making you feel better. Age, activity level, illness, malabsorption issues, stress, and previous gastrointestinal surgery can influence how well your body can absorb supplements and medications when ingested orally. Drinking alcohol also slows the absorption process which is why oral hangover treatments are ineffective.
IV treatments are administered directly into the bloodstream and immediately circulated throughout the body. Your body uses the maximum amount of what it needs and excretes the rest for maximum effect. Since IV drips are delivered into your bloodstream, the ingredients become immediately available to your cells, greatly decreasing the time it takes for medication or supplement to take effect.
There’s quite a bit that’s included with your IV therapy package:
* All our services are mobile whether in-home, at your office, studio, or event. So our travel fees are included in the cost of your IV drip package
* Our highly skilled and experienced nurses have to be compensated for their knowledge and time
* Our exclusive supplies and vitamins are top of the line hospital grade products
Our price is comparable to most ER co-pays; all without the hassle, time, and expense of going to the ER.
Being in the comfort of your own environment and without subjecting yourself to other patients’ germs etc. is the ultimate luxury and experience. Once you have this convenience, you won’t want it any other way!
IV drips introduce fluids and essential elements directly into the body with 100% delivery of benefits straight to the target organs. While IV Infusions are not meant to be a substitute for oral intake, they serve as a supplement or alternative solution to quickly rehydrate and replenish nutrients, restoring the body to peak balance. Drinking large amounts of fluids can result in a sensation of bloating and fullness that does not happen with IV hydration.
No. Our therapies are not covered by insurance at this time.
We accept all major debit/credit cards.
Yes, and this is the ideal recommendation. IV nutrients and hydration are very effective at rapidly replenishing any deficiencies and helping the body establish balance. The Vitamin IM Shots then act as a reservoir for the continuous release of nutrients, essentially prolonging the effects.
Everyone has different needs and requirements and this will depend on the desired effect. Our patients receive Vitamin IM Shots on average of once to twice a week.
Yes, our Vitamin IM Shots only contain natural ingredients and water-soluble vitamins. The effects of the different shots can be synergistic, and any excess will be excreted naturally by the body.
Effects depend on the individual’s physical and health status. Typically the effects become fully noticeable after 12-24 hours.
The duration of effects will depend on the individual but typically last on average of 5-8 days.